The arrival of summer signals another season altogether: motorcycle season. If you haven’t already, now is the perfect opportunity to bring your bike out of the back of the garage (or wherever you had it stored to protect it from the winter weather).
In addition to daily riding and scenic tours, there are plenty of events for you and your two-wheeled baby to enjoy. Here are 12 motorcycle rallies during summer 2019 you won’t want to miss. (We picked one from every state we do business in.)
Best Motorcycle Rallies in 2019:
- 31st Annual Valpo-Fest: Ready for a motorcycle-car show and swap meet? This family-friendly event in Valparaiso, Indiana, has that and more including live music, lots of vendors, food, beverages, and (of course) bikes. May 26
- Harley Rendezvous Classic: This annual three-day rally held in Pattersonville, New York, draws bikers from all over the country. Check out the bike show and buy some leather from one of the many vendors. June 20–23
- Motoblot 2019: This urban motorcycle and hot rod street rally in Chicago features a hot rod show, multiple bands, a variety of vendors, and a Miss Motoblot contest. June 20–23
- Roar on the Shore: We’re a little partial to Roar on the Shore, since it’s in our home city of Erie, Pennsylvania. Join Grand Marshall Kim Coates for this free event. The rally features multiple rides, lots of live music, and local places to visit. It draws more than 100,000 bikers and bike enthusiasts annually. July 17–21
- Sturgis Kentucky Bike Rally: Head out in Sturgis, Kentucky for some fun at this adult’s only bike rally. This event features tons of live music along with an indoor motorcycle show, dirt drags, and a charity poker run. July 18–21
- Wetzelland 2019: This bike rally held in Grover Hill, Ohio, is known for its great bands, rodeo games, bike show, poker run, and more. An adults-only event, the rally is sure to be a lot of fun for both bikers and bike enthusiasts. July 25–28
- Mountainfest: This mid-summer rally is celebrating its 15th anniversary and boasts multiple locations, live music, bike shows, and much more. Check out the event in Morgantown, West Virginia. July 27–31.
- Apple’s 16th Annual East Coast Motorcycle Rally: Five days of bikes, music, and fun can be found in Little Orleans, Maryland. You can listen to bands at two different stages, check out the bike show, and even camp out if you feel like it. Aug. 7–11.
- Wing Ding 41: Check out this bike fest held in Nashville, Tennessee. You can enjoy live entertainment in a beautiful location, discover the latest products for your bike, and demo some bikes if you’re looking for something new. Aug. 27–31
- Milwaukee Rally: The largest free rally in the Midwest runs for five days and features multiple locations, great entertainment, and lots of activities. This popular rally held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, also offers riders the opportunity to take scenic tours you’ll never forget. Aug. 29–Sept. 2
- Bull City Rumble: Swing by the world-renowned vintage motorcycle and scooter rally in Durham, North Carolina. The event is in its 15th year and features a bike show, live entertainment, food, and much more. Aug. 30–Sept. 1
- Twin Valley Rally: Visit this motorcycle rally known for its scenic views and amazing roads in Meadow of Dan, Virginia. The event is in its eighth year and features a variety of events, music, door prizes, and the opportunity to camp out. Sept. 13–15
If you can’t make any of these rallies, don’t miss Ride Your Motorcycle To Work Day on June 18.
Get the motorcycle protection you need
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch. Our local ERIE agents would love to get to know you and your bike.
ERIE’s improved motorcycle coverage* can cover your ride, as well as your accessories, gear, and safety riding apparel**, with a 12-month policy that protects you all year long. Request a free quote online or contact your local ERIE agent to get the conversation started.
*ERIE’s improved motorcycle coverage is not available in New York and North Carolina. Medical payments coverage is available in North Carolina. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for additional information.
** The coverage limit is $3,000. You have the option to increase coverage to exceed the standard limit. An additional premium would be required.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Reed Insurance Agency today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.